Moving tips. How to have a smooth move when your movers arrive.
If you’ve decided on Strong College Students for your next home or office move, then you’re already in the habit of making good decisions. We offer a variety of services that allow you to be as hands on or as hands off as you want. Many customers prefer to pack the majority of their belongings. In this article, we’re sharing packing tips and tricks that will prepare you well for a smooth move when your movers arrive. Packing is something of an art but it’s easy to master and heres how:
- Safeguard your boxes against unnecessary damage. Make sure that all boxes are completely sealed and completely filled. Movers cannot move open boxes and open boxes do not stack well in a moving truck. Partially filled boxes can collapse and may cause damage to your items. To efficiently fill your boxes, try using crumbled newspaper to fill up empty space.
- Label boxes by room name. Tagging your boxes with a room name will help direct your movers when unpacking at your new location.
- Label your breakables “Fragile.” Do not place fragile items and heavy items in the same box.
- Tidy up. Do not leave loose items on the floor or in walkways. Cluttered hallways will slow down your movers and extend the length of your move.
- Always use quality boxes. Professional moving cartons stack better and never compress. Make sure that your box is the right size for the items you are packing. Heavy items should be placed in smaller or medium size boxes. Light items can be placed in larger boxes. Strong College Students offer packing supplies and packing services; ask your booking agent for more information.
- Remove loose items from dressers and other furniture. Movers will not move furniture with items inside. It is a hazard.
Follow the suggestions mentioned in this article and you will save plenty of time and money. Make your next move a smooth move and book with StrongCollegeStudents now.